Indian cricketer Virat Kohli and actor Anushka Sharma are Mister and Missus now. They tied the knot on December 11, 2017 in Italy. The newly weds looked adorable. Anushka in her floral pink lehenga smiled like a fairy, while the prince charming Virat complimented her. Here are the first pictures!
By Nikita Sachdev
A party isn’t complete without a chips and dips platter. This combo is easy to make and everyone loves it from children to adults. But these dips are specially for those adults who love booze. Want to impress your guests at the next house party? Here are some quick boozy dips to whip up and serve with chips, breads or nachos and score big at any gathering.
1 small garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt
15 ml Gin
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Combine all the ingredients and blend in a blender until its smooth. Serve it with chips, or nachos, or boiled vegetables like carrot, bell pepper and cauliflower.
Recipe by Chef Akshay Nayyar from Tourist, Janpath
1 Avocado (diced)
1 clove Garlic
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Green Chilly
30 ml Rum
Water as per requirement
Salt as per taste
Add garlic, avocado, Rum, green chilli lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Thin the dip with a little bit of water (about 1/4 cup) until it reaches a desired consistency. Keep in an airtight container and Serve Chill. You can enjoy this with chips, or use as a salad dressing.
2 tsp red wine
3 cups cream cheese
2 tsp- Sugar
1 cup caramel sauce
Toffee bits to garnish
1 sliced apple, pear
Mix cream cheese, sugar, red wine in a bowl. Place the mixture in a dish and pour as much caramel sauce as you want evenly over cream cheese. Sprinkle with a generous helping of toffee bits. Serve with apple and pear.
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
Microwave chocolate and butter for 1 minute or just until chocolate begins to melt, stirring after 30 seconds. Whisk in Champagne, whisking until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth (mixture may appear broken, but continue to whisk until smooth).
1 cup chick peas boiled
3 cloves garlic 1/3 cup powdered seasame seeds
30 ml Vodka
1/8 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
Roast the bell peppers. Rub off the skin, remove the seeds, and cut them into large chunks. Put the peppers, chick peas, garlic, sesame seeds and vodka in a food processor to make a paste until well combined. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and let combine; season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley and another drizzle of olive oil. Serve with pita breads or chips.
Recipe by Chef Akshay Nayyar, Office Canteen and Bar, Connaught Place
By Nikita Sachdev
Yester year style icons have been a continous source of inspiration when it comes to fashion. From bell-bottoms to pant suits and accessories from the 1970s and 80s – these diva’s looked flattering and made a statement in almost anything. Some of the styles worn by them are even in vogue today. Here is a look at who started your favourite trend
1) Audrey Hepburn: The Little Black Dress
2) Diana Ross: maxi dresses and gowns
3) Elizabeth Taylor: Queen of Diamonds
By Nikita Sachdev
Are you someone who is always in a hurry and has no time to keep up with your beauty regime? Get gorgeous with these quick beauty tips. Here is some DIY beauty inspiration
To a Millennial, from a Millennial…
Millennials are often mocked off as being lazy, unthoughtful and unreasonable. Remember how a Buzfeed article, The Urban Poor You Haven’t Noticed: Millennials Who’re Broke, Hungry, But On Trend broke the internet last year? With it’s elaborated details of poor values among the 80-90s born, their unidealistic behaviour, virtual world addiction and a rather easy-breezy take on life, it trended for days. So I decided to speak to a few Millennial girls who are moms or will become moms in the future on Mother’s Day and ask them what would they teach their kids. The response was quite surprising. Have a look!
1. Love and Honesty
2. To follow their dreams
3. Embrace who they are
4. Be confident
5. Know their self-worth
6. To not get trapped in ideologies
7. The power of Happiness
8. Value of Hard work
9. Be strong but not rude
And last but not the least…
10. Make your own decisions
Millennials are just not like the others. They are unique and have values that will surely make the future of coming generations bright. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
By Nikita Sachdev
Your mother is your first best friend and always will be. She understands things even before you say them. She’s made sacrifices without letting you know and you’ve always had her by your side. Remember when you were a kid and you would never lever her alone even for minute? And then you grew up to be. a teenager and started retaliating, asking your mom to leave you alone? But finally when you grew a little older and you got to know the amazing things your mom did for you, you again turned into that little kid with a little responsibilities who wanted to spend maximum time with mom. Well..this is your chance to make up for all those days, you upset your mummy or couldn’t give her your best. Here are a few quotes to thank your mom this mother’s day:
15. If you’ve lost your mom or she isn’t with you. This one is specially for you because you’re special too.
By Nikita Sachdev
Fashion trends come and go but some styles are too good to let go. By taking a look at the Bollywood divas and runways we can predict the fashion for the coming months. So get your wardrobe ready with these styles if you don’t already own them.
This summer is going to see some romantic vibes as ruffles, off shoulder tops, midis and more frills are here to stay. Even though these were big trends during the previous year, looks like they have no plan to go out of fashion as the B-town divas continue to flaunt these trends.
1) Off shoulder tops and dresses: This season, once again we dare to bare, at least when it comes to our shoulders. This trend was a rage in the 90’s but now it has evolved and taken the more feminine route. There is a stunning variety of the off shoulder top ranging from the crop top to the crisp sailor top.The style also looks amazing in a dress.You could opt for a mini dress with elasticated neckline and bell sleeves. If your heading for a formal evening you could also give an embroidered off shoulder top a try, just like actor Shraddha Kapoor.
2) Cut out gown: If you want to show off a little skin without looking scandalous this trend will make the perfect cut for you. Draw some inspiration from actor Amy Jackson on how to rock the style. Amy wore the one shouldered cut out gown with cuts defining her waist. Not just that her own also had a thigh high slit with gave the ensemble a classy touch.
3) Cotton jumpsuit: Who likes to wear tight and fitted fabrics in summers? Summers are all about dressing in easy and breezy fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Checkout Athiya’s cotton jumpsuit. Isn’t it the perfect definition of comfort? You could opt for this outfit for a Sunday brunch or even for a casual day at work. It would make you feel as laid back as ever!
4) Slogan tee: Let your tee do the talking! Ever heard about wearing your heart on your sleeve? Well! this trend is about wearing your thoughts on your tee. When you’re in not in a mood to spend too much time on dressing up, this is the look you can opt for. You could style your tee with simple jeans and sneakers. But, if you want to fancy it up a little pair your slogan tee with midi skirts or even a patiala salwar if you’re feeling experimental. They not only look cool but they are also a sneaky way of expressing what you’re feeling.
5) Ruffles: Who says ruffles are just for little girls? Gone are those days when ruffles were a thing for young girls, now you’d see them from ramp to Bollywood. From necklines to skirts and dresses, the trend is making it big this season. If you like to keep it simple this you could instead opt for statement jewelry with ruffles or a handbag. Are you thrilled to experience the frilled life?
6) Midi skirt: Midi skirts can make you look chubby and be a little difficult to wear, especially if you haven’t found the right one yet. Midi skirts are not just for tall girls but short girls too can carry them when styled correctly. The trick is to keep the style low key and simple. you could pair you’re midi skirt with a crop top or a tank. For a formal occasion pair them with stilettos and for a casual day pair it with sneakers
7) Bell sleeves: If you like to inject a little drama into your outfit you could do it with the help of this statement sleeve. This is not a new trend or something that has just emerged the bell sleeves are a trend from the 70’s. the sleeves are fitted on the shoulder and flaring out wide toward the wrist, the bell sleeve is the same as it always was, yet totally different. You could go from fitted dresses with bell sleeves to a simple top with extra wide flares. Keep the rest of your look minimal to highlight the sleeves.
By Nikita Sachdev
There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that Indian women look their best in ethnic wear. When it comes to fashion, Sonam is known to be one of the most experimental actors with stylist sister Rhea Kapoor. So girls this wedding season up your desi swag as you take inspiration from actor Sonam Kapoor.
1. Fringed sari: If you’ve tried fringed dresses and you loved them, then this Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla sari worn by Sonam will make you go wow. This drape is perfect for a day wedding with light colours like pastel green and white. With fringes on it’s border and blouse the saree is a unique creation for someone who loves to experiment with their style. You can accessorise it with statement gold jewellery and wear your hair in a low bun and for make up opt for a gold eye make up, winged liner, blush and light colour lipstick.
2. Denim sari: Deconstructing and reinventing is what you need to do to pull off your traditional wear in a contemporary style, yet making it look graceful. This denim drape by Masaba Gupta made is for those who want to wear traditional and keep it comfortable. You could pair your look with flat shoes and a matching belt. For jewellery you could opt for danglers and bracelets. Since the look is a very minimum one you must opt for a simple hairdo like a low bun and keep the make up simple to a light pink lipstick, blush and kohl.
3. Steel yarn sari: Metallic drapes made news when Sonam word Designer Rimzim Dadu’s steel yarn sari at Cannes. It is a traditional Indian sari which is pre-sown and just slipped on when you have to wear it. The sari is so elaborate that you should opt for statement earrings and leave your arms plain. Tie your hair in a simple low bun and keep the make up low key.
4. Double pallu sari: Is your bestie getting married in the winter season? If yes, then you’re going to love this one. Add a multi layer effect to your sari just like Sonam’s Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla sari, this will not only look stylish but keep you warm too. Drape a sari like you usually do then create a second pallu with a matching and flowing dupatta. Pin the dupatta to your waist, right where you place your pleats. Wear the second pallu across the neck or let it fall in front from the other side. Don’t forget to accessorise with a pretty ring and earrings. Wear a pop colour lipstick and keep the eye make up subtle.
5. Short sari: Hate wearing heels with a sari? Try wearing boots with a short sari. The floral khadi Anavila sari, paired with a bell-sleeved blouse is for those bold enough to experiment. look. The floral prints and ruffled border add a touch of elegance to the sari. Opt for long silver earrings to add to the look and keep your make up dusky and lips light brown.
Which look was your favourite? Let us know in the comment section below.
By Nikita Sachdev
Bad boys may seem attractive but getting played by a Prince Charming isn’t what one would like. Many of us have had that phase when we want a nice, loving and understanding guy but end up with a player. When it comes to relationships many women aren’t really sure about the traits of a nice guy. Here is an ode to all the nice guys out there with a list of things they would do for their girls.
1) He will take care of how you feel
2) He always wants to know you more, your friends and you family.
3) He believes in you and your dreams
4) He wouldn’t ignore you
5) He respects you and makes you feel special
6) He would make you laugh and go an extra mile for your smile
7) You are at the top in his Priority List
8) He would never play mind games with you
9) He doesn’t ask you to change and love you for who you are
10) He helps you to be the best version of yourself
Don’t ever let a guy like him go because you might never find him back!